Dr. Karine Lagrené
Vision Institute – Streetlab
SilverSight Chair – Streetlab
17, rue Moreau F-75012 Paris, France
Phone: +33 (0)1 53 46 26 84
My current work is dedicated to the Silversight project “Healthy Visual Aging, Action and Autonomy” (ANR Research Chair) at the Vision Institute. My main interests focus on the impact of healthy human aging on vision and vision-related activities. I’m participating to the visual function evaluation that includes visual acuity and contrast sensitivity measurements, visual field and color vision testings, as well as binocular vision exploration. I’m also performing a series of complementary exams in the framework of a full ophthalmologic exam at the Quinze-Vingts Hospital.
I am a materials science engineer from the Ecole Polytechnique de l’Université de Nantes. During my studies, I acquired physics and chemistry skills related to materials. I joined, as an exchange student, the Materials Science and Engineering department at the Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) in order to be specialized in thin films and nano materials. In 2008, I obtained a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the Université Paris Sud Orsay. My PhD works, dedicated to polymers under confinement, was performed at the Laboratoire Léon Brillouin (UMR12 CEA-CNRS) and included synthesis, experimental characterization, data analysis and modelisation. I pursued as a Research Engineer at the Laboratoire Francis Perrin (URA 2453 CEA-CNRS) on the project NaWaTUB. In 2010, I joined Coventya as a Research and Development Engineer for the Aluminium products. In 2012, I choose to put on hold my engineer research career and add to my skills an orthoptist certification. During the three years training, I worked with Dr. Laplace and Dr. Le Du (Service Pr. Nordmann, CHNO XV XX) on the corneal astigmatism management during cataract surgery. This human, technical and clinical study convinced me to use my research skills for vision problematics. In November 2015, I joined the Aging in Vision and Action team as a postdoctoral fellow to perform the functional vision screening of the Silversight cohort.
Visual function screening, Orthoptic Evaluation, Complementary eye exams, Aging.
CV and Publication List (pdf): [ download ]
- Age-related differences in functional and structural connectivity in spatial navigation brain network. Frontiers in Neural Circuits, 13:69. (2019)
- Healthy and pathological visual aging in a French follow-up cohort study. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science - ARVO, 60:5915. (2019)
- Inelastic and quasi-elastic neutron scattering. Application to soft-matter. In EPJ Web of Conferences, pages 188, 05001. (2018)
- Age-related changes in fuctional connectivity on scene processing and spatial navigation networks. In Neuroscience Workshop Saclay: Neural Circuit and Behavior. (2017)
- Age-related changes in spatial learning of a real environment and gray-matter integrety. In Neuroscience Workshop Saclay: Neural Circuit and Behavior (* shared st authorship). (2017)
- Vieillissement naturel des fonctions visuelles. In Robert, P-Y., editors, Rapport Société Francaise d'Ophtalmologie 2017 - Déficiences Visuelles, chpt. 3, pages 41-45, Elsevier. (2017)
- Inorganic electrolyte membrane for electrochemical devices, and electrochemical devices including same, US Patent App. 13/811,946. (2013)
- Nanometric confinement: Toward new physical properties and technological developments. The European Physical Journal Special Topics, 213(1):129-148. (2012)
- Large-scale dynamics of a single polymer chain under severe confinement. Physical Review E - Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics, 81(6):3-6. (2010)
- Dynamical behavior of a single polymer chain under nanometric confinement. The European Physical Journal Special Topics, 189(1):231-237. (2010)
- Evidence of bayerite clusters within the AAO amorphous bulk alumina. Consequence for AAO SANS matching properties. In Cracium, V. and Kumar, D. and Pennycook, S.J. and Singh K.K, editors, MRS Proceedings, pages 1074-I13-02. (2008)
- ÉTUDE DYNAMIQUE DE POLYMÈRES SOUS CONFINEMENT QUASI-UNIAXIAL. Ph.D. Thesis, Université Paris Sud - Paris XI. (2008)
- PEO melt dynamics in bulk and confined in nanometric cylindrical channels. In Sokol, P E, editors, Quasi-Elastic Neutron Scattering Conference 2006 (QENS 2006), vol. 49, pages 149-160. (2007)
- PEO melt dynamics in bulk and confined in nanometric cylindrical channels. In Sokol, P E, editors, Quasi-Elastic Neutron Scattering Conference 2006 (QENS 2006), vol. 49, pages 159, Materials Research Society. (2007)
- Anodic aluminium oxide: Concurrent SEM and SANS characterisation. Influence of AAO confinement on PEO mean-square displacement. European Physical Journal: Special Topics, 141:261-265. (2007)